Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2010

Lemon Tart and Dumplings

"Why lemon tart and dumplings?" one might rightly ask. Well, I made both of them today in a fit of snowed-in food stockpiling and fridge-cleaning. I had lemon curd left over in the fridge and some sucree I had already molded in the freezer that has been languishing for the last 8 or so months. She said airily. In her domestic goddess persona.

Anyway, you've heard of molten chocolate cake, but probably not of molten lemon tart, which if you examine the picture closely is clearly what that is as the curd is oozing all over the plate after I have stabbed it with mine fork. That is because it is bona fide lemon curd sans cornstarch. And also with sort of old yolks that didn't do the thickening thing properly. But it is very tasty.=)


Here are my morphologically challenged ha gao. They have shrimp and bamboo shoots with lots of various Chinese sauces/condiments for flavor, probably primarily stemming from copious amounts of MSG. I had extra filling left over so I also wrapped some up in won ton wrappers. Embarrassingly these tasted slightly better than my homemade ha gao wrappers and were easier to wrap, too. Last time I ever fail to actually measure things in a Chinese recipe I am unfamiliar with. Oops, did I admit that out loud...still, they were super tasty. Just need a couple more iterations and some measuring cups before I can quit the day job.

Tonight am making sausage and spinach lasagne with the bf as per his request. If he thought I was going to make a bloody lasagne all by myself for him he had another thing coming!

Bon appetit!

1 comment:

  1. Lol, love that last comment =P

    I hope this blog fares better than your previous food blog attempt ;)

    ReplyDelete